Peas with Shallots and Pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, cut into small dice
- 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound frozen peas, thawed
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until it is golden brown and the fat has rendered.
- Remove the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the shallots and red pepper flakes to the hot pancetta fat and cook until soft. Add the peas and cook until warmed through. Transfer to a large bowl and top with the crisp pancetta.
Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay and the Food Network.